Last modified: March 8, 2016
Collection of information
You can visit our website without providing any details. However, in order to use our services and utilize the facilities made available and as an initial requirement, we will collect some basic information from You, including your full name, complete mailing address including Zip Code, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, nationality, skills and sectors, intended problem areas, team identities photograph and such other details as required by the registration form. We may also require You to send to us such other information as may be necessary. In addition thereto, We may also require you to provide Us with certain other details including your location, demographic details, profile of the intended work, business idea etc. We indicate fields that are mandatorily required to be filled and fields that are optional. The Users may decide whether or not to provide such information to Us.
We may also collect Your responses to online polls, ads, surveys, electronic newsletters and questionnaires. This information helps us improve your experience with better services and opportunities. Jaaga Startup may collect information from the user/member at various stages beginning with the first access to the website and/or creation of profile.
Any information collected by way of an IP Address and/or cookie technologies is not personally identifiable. However, if you choose to provide personally identifiable information as above on our website, this information may be linked to the data stored in these technologies.
Jaaga Startup shall be the sole owner of the information collected.
Use of information
- Upon receipt of such personal and non-personal information, it no longer remains anonymous to Us. Please note that we at Jaaga Startup do not divulge, rent-out or sell information provided on our website to advertisers or any other third parties for profit.
- The information provided by You is retained by Us as part of our internal record keeping, and used to improve services provided by Us or through our affiliates, for market research, data analysis, resolution of problems and disputes, customise experience etc.
- We may provide aggregate and/or anonymised information about our Users to certain persons/entities, like angel funds, venture capitalists, individual investors, advertisers etc., to help reach the kind of audience they want to target. However, We will not share any information pertaining to the problem statements, team information and identities etc., without prior information to and consent from You.
- We share Your information with our Affiliates to provide You with the requested/desired service. Only information needed specifically for carrying out the service will be shared in such cases.
- We use this information to do research and data analysis on our Users’ demographics, interests, behavior to better serve you and meet Your requirements. This information is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis.
- However, such information collected may be used to analyse the same to provide the services as requested by the Users.
- The profile/general information given by Users shall be used to keep track of viewing preferences of the user.
- All information, including Your personal data or information provided, either at the time of registration, browsing, or visitations are voluntary and We may use this information at anytime for providing the (a) Services sought by you (b) for communications, (c) receiving service feedback (d) receiving customer feedback on the service rendered (e) customer support issues (f) promotion of new product or services (f) connecting You with other User/s and creating an interface for communication.
- You also agree that this information may be used for other purposes including, commercially, for sale or transfer, research, publishing, analysis or statistical purposes. However, the said information will be used in a non-identifiable manner and We will make our best efforts to ensure that your privacy is not infringed in any manner.
We shall endevour to safeguard all information collected, except, if such disclosure is mandated by law, or a law enforcement agency, legal authority etc. Otherwise than as stated above, we shall not use information provided by you without your prior consent.
Change of user information
You are given the option to change any information provided by you. You may at any time discontinue our services by de activating your profile. Upon such discontinuation, Your information is no longer available to the other co-workers, advertisers, funds or affiliates.
Protection of user information and information safety
We have the following security procedures and software in place to ensure that your personal information is kept confidential:
Information provided is saved and stored on servers which are secured with passwords and pins to ensure no unauthorised person has access to it. Once your information is in our possession, We adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access. All of your information is restricted to our server and accessible by persons authorized to do so in order to provide services to you.
All persons accessing your information shall do so through a password protected account and any breach of confidentiality obligations by our employees shall be strictly penalized.
Servers that store Your information are kept in a safe and proper place.
Any information shared with relevant partners shall not be identifiable to any specific start-up or individuals but We may provide them with aggregate and/or anonymised information about our Users to help service providers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the information We have collected from You to enable Us to comply with our partners’ wishes by sharing their services with the target audience.
Third party links
We shall not be liable for any damage caused to you by a third party cookies being set on your computer. Except for such notices and announcements made by us, we disclaim any liability towards any third party advertisement/cookie that may be set on your computer/laptop etc. We have taken all reasonable care to safeguard your information and ensure that it is kept confidential. However, we shall not be liable for loss of information by means which cannot be reasonably foreseen.
You may decide to publish some information in order to use Our services. We are not responsible for the manner in which third parties use your personal information that you voluntarily publish on the website.
All advices provided by us are only suggestive and it is your sole discretion to rely on it.